A Component Deployment is a deferred deployment to instances that are not externally accessible, or a component that should self update once a new version is released. This utilizes the nio config component.
Doing a Component Deployment
An initial release must be done before a deployment can be done.
To do a component deployment:
- Make sure your nio instance has the nio deployment API component.
- Get the Instance Configuration ID from the Release modal in the System Designer.
- Copy the id value for the configuration you would like to use.
- Paste that value into your
nio.conffile under the
- Update the config_poll_interval value to the number of seconds you would like the component to check if an update is available. In this example we will use 60 minutes.
[configuration]section should look like this:
[configuration] config_id=id-copied-from-designer config_poll_interval=3600 # specifies if modified services are to be started/stopped based on the # auto_start flag #start_stop_services=True # specifies if existing blocks and services are to be deleted when not found # in the incoming configuration #delete_missing=False
- That's all the configuration necessary for the config component. You can now run nio and do a new release and your nio instance will sync itself to the updated version!